Thursday, September 20, 2012

Apple's IOS 6 update is missing something....

Yesterday Apple officially released iOS 6.0.0 to the public and when it was released many people updated their iPhones, iPads and iPod touches. When they updated they noticed that something was missing: The popular iOS YouTube app. Read more After the Jump





Upon finding out about this many pepole cried in outrage and many people were happy because the old iOS  app was buggy and slow. After the public had discovered this flaw in the iOS 6 update Apple and YouTube offered these explanations:  

Apple:  “Our license to include the YouTube app in iOS has ended, customers can use YouTube in the Safari browser and Google is working on a new YouTube app to be on the App Store."

YouTube/Google:  “We are working with Apple to make sure we have the best possible YouTube experience for iOS users.”

Will the public miss this app? I mostly think it depends on how crappy the App Store version is. I personally have not updated my iPod touch 4g from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 6.0.0 for this very reason (I still might update it). I was a big fan of the iOS YouTube app and will miss it until Apple renews their contract with Google Inc. I will not be updating my iDevice. And from the screenshots and reviews on the YouTube App Store app it sounds and looks to complicated. I certainly hope that apple will renew the contract with Google soon.

The old IOS YouTube app:


R.I.P. iOS YouTube app






The New Downloadable YouTube App icon


iOS 6 contain over 200 new features but removes a nice one in the process






Give us back the iOS YouTube app!!!!!!!



--Nerflover

No comments:

Post a Comment